- In 1982, the Forbes list of the 100 richest people in the world, 60 of whom inherited their fortune. In 2020 – only 27.
- In 1982, there was not a single investment fund manager among the 100 richest people. And the main markets in which the wealthiest people have made their fortunes are oil and real estate – 24 people. In 2020, only six of the richest people are involved in this: 4 with real estate and 2 with oil.
- Out of 73 non-heirs in 2020: 52 are startup founders, 2 share adopters, 2 founders’ wives and 17 investment fund managers. 30 of those 73 have made money from technology companies. And of the 10 richest among the rich – 8.
- IBM was founded in 1896, it took them 45 years to reach $ 1 billion in annual revenue. HP, founded in 1939, is 25 years old. Microsoft, founded in 1975 – 13 years. Current startups are 7-8 years old.
- The conclusion is simple. Do you want to become a very rich person? Stop buying / selling stocks or real estate. Start building startups – either at least as technology companies or as a fund that invests in technology companies
June 4, 2021 Categories: